Please read and agree to the guidelines below.
Any teacher led 4th - 6th grade art class in Hancock, Harrison, or Jackson county (public or private school or non-profit student associated organization) with 10 or more students may submit artwork. Each class may submit only one entry. Art teachers instructing multiple grades may submit one piece per class.
The theme for the 2017-2018 Art of Ice competition is Christmas Around the World. We want to see how this topic inspires you! Artwork should be created using only 5 colors: red, yellow, blue, green, and black.
Media & Size Requirements
Red, blue, yellow, green, and black ice paint and paint brushes will be provided for each class. Please note: the ice paint is pigment based and CANNOT BE MIXED.
Each class will have a 10’ x 10’ area to paint. Submitted artwork must be to scale.
Judging Criteria & Selection
Submitted artwork will be posted on Facebook for voting by followers and fans of the Mississippi Coast Coliseum and Convention Center Facebook page. Voters will be asked to vote on the artwork based on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of the theme
The ten (10) entries with the most votes will:
- Paint their artwork directly on the ice!
- Be featured on local television stations!
- Receive a $100 gift card for classroom and art supplies!
- Receive a certificate of participation!
- Receive a complimentary ticket to ice skate (one per student)!
Submission of Artwork
1. Create your account at, . Instructors with multiple classes may create one user account; however, each class must be submitted separately.
2. Create a digital image of your artwork by either of these methods:
Take a digital photograph of your artwork.
Scan your artwork as a .jpg or .png file.
Artwork must be submitted as a 1200 x1200 pixel image file with a maximum size of 5MB.
3. Save your digital image as a .jpg or .png using the following file name and type:
4. Log in to your account with the user name and password you created in step 1. Upload your
file and give us a brief description of your artwork. Your artwork must be uploaded no
later than October 6 to be eligible for the competition.
Deadline for Entries
All entries must be received no later than 11:59 PM Friday, October 6, 2017.
Notification of Winners
Winning entries will be notified on October 16, 2017. Winners must be able to come to the Mississippi Coast Coliseum to paint their artwork on the ice on Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
Winning entries will be posted on the Mississippi Coast Coliseum & Convention Center Facebook page on October 7, 2017 through October 13, 2017.